Do you wanna learn about Passive Income through affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is a big sector and it’s expanding day by day. Let’s talk details about it.
How can I start Affiliate marketing and which platform should I use?
In the past few years, affiliate marketing has become a very popular and lucrative business model.
It’s an excellent way to make money while sitting on your couch, selling other people’s products. But it can be difficult to get started in this field if you don’t know where to start or what platform is best for you.
Why do I think affiliate marketing is the best business model for beginners?
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money online because:
You don’t need your own products or services. If you’re just starting an online business and don’t have your own ideas, this will be a good start.
Here you can help people by recommending other businesses’ products instead of creating your own. That’s one less thing that you’ll have to worry about as it’ll all be handled by someone else.
This can also be a good side hustle while building up another business idea which might take longer than 12 months (or in my case 3 years). You get paid even if people click on links but don’t buy anything. This is one of the most important parts.
If people click on those links and don’t buy anything at least you get a few cents for the clicks. With some luck, they might just end up buying something after clicking through your link, and then you’ll get paid even more!
Read More: How do you optimize Facebook Ads?
How do I start?
1) Decide what niche to go into
I think it’s easiest to begin with an area that interests you and also has high competition ranking. That way there will be lots of opportunities for making money by promoting other products or services. For example, it’s easier to sell someone else’s knife sharpener if you’re a chef than if your business idea is about making wooden furniture or something.
Just make sure the topic isn’t too broad because there will be hundreds of other affiliate marketers competing with you as well! Also, these days Google doesn’t like having duplicate content on the web so it might get harder over time to create original and valuable blogs (if that wasn’t already your goal anyway).
2) Choose an affiliate network / program
Affiliate marketing companies are platforms where sellers offer their products at a discount in exchange for commissions when people buy them. The companies I think are the better ones are Amazon, Clickbank and CJ.com (formerly known as Commission Junction.)
For each company there’s an application process that takes a few days or maybe weeks depending on what you’re applying for. Even though it’s not very long, make sure to follow all instructions carefully! And don’t be upset if they decline your application at first, usually people get accepted after making some small changes in their applications so don’t give up just yet!
Which platform should I use?
I can only tell you about my experience with these three platforms so far but my recommendation would have to be Amazon affiliate program . It is the most widely used affiliate network on the web and there are tons of products to promote. If you’re looking for something specific, like a certain topic or product category, Amazon is probably the best option for you.
If you’re just getting started this is very important because it’ll be easier to get approved by Amazon if your proposal meets their standards and they know that even though you have no experience as an affiliate marketer yet, you can still provide high-quality content and improve your chances of being accepted at another affiliate program later on!
We’ll take a look at Amazon first because their program is more straightforward and easy to use, and also probably has the most potential for you as an affiliate marketer. Other affiliate programs can be won by experienced marketers who know how Google works but Amazon is easier to get started with because they approve almost anyone (if your content meets their standards of course).
Also, if you’re planning on using different affiliate networks in the future rather than only one, then you might want to sign up for all of them during your application process now so it will be easier later on when you have new approved accounts.
Just keep in mind that it is common for affiliate marketers to choose one or two programs and stick with them so if you're planning on owning your own business later on, you might want to think about the long-term strategy rather than just getting approved by as many companies as possible.
How can I generate traffic to my affiliate product?
You can do this without ever having to invest in inventory! It sounds like the perfect opportunity for someone with limited funds, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. If you’re new at the game, here are some tips for generating traffic to your affiliate product:
- Use social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter to share links back to your product pages; this is one of the most effective ways to drive traffic and increase sales from these platforms.
- Create high-quality content relating to the product you are promoting; this helps to establish yourself as an authority on the subject and can lead to increased traffic in the long term.
- Participate in forums related to your product or niche. Make a valuable contribution and include links back to relevant pages with affiliate links within your signature block.
- Do some basic keyword research for both exact match keywords and variations using popular search engines such as Google and Bing. Keep track of where you place these keywords, so that you can check your progress over time.
- Think about other ways to generate attention for your link, even if it’s not immediately apparent where you might find them! You could pay someone else to do this for you, but it might cost a lot of money for very little return.
- If you can, use your own or other websites to drive traffic to your product link. There is nothing better than organic traffic from an established website!